The Dublin City University is currently accepting applications for DCU International Scholarship Programmes for Full Degree Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters, Doctorate, PhD) Taught and research Programme, any returning Study Abroad or Exchange student programme and Students studying at DCU at Full Undergraduate Bachelor Programmes wishing to progress onto One Year Taught Masters Programs.
The Scholarship Programme is fully funded by DCU International Office and aims to attract high achieving global applicants.
The University has a particularly strong research record, is sometimes described as a research-led university, and has regularly been recorded as bringing in more research income per members of the faculty – or indeed as a percentage of total income – than any other university in Ireland. Its research team working on sensors at the National Centre for Sensor Research is considered one of the best in the world.
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Full Degree Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters, Doctorate, and PhD) Taught and research Programme.
- Study Subject: all courses offered by the institution.
- Scholarship Award: High achieving applicants will automatically be considered for Scholarships worth up to €25,000 on the application.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International (Non-EU) students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be Non-EU Self Funding studying for the first time at DCU and liable for full NON-EU fees-only and
- Students must not be in receipt of other scholarship funding.
- Scholarships are ‘one off’, ‘stand alone’ and will be offset by tuition only on Full Time One Year Masters Programmes and Year One only of Full-Time Undergraduate Programmes.
- For students who achieve ‘EU fee status’ after any post-offer/acceptance fee assessment, the scholarship cannot be paid once the status changes to EU and will negate any previous correspondence confirming scholarship
Applies to Full-Time Eligible programmes only
DCU NON-EU Study Abroad / Exchange Returning Masters Scholarships)
- Scholarships are ‘one-off’ and ‘stand alone’ and will be offset by tuition only on Full Time One Year Masters Programmes
- For students who achieve ‘EU fee status’ after any post-offer/acceptance fee assessment, the scholarship cannot be paid once the status changes and will negate any previous correspondence confirming scholarship.
- Applies to Full-Time Eligible programmes only
- For a student who receives the full €2000 scholarship, it is expected that they fulfill at least one ‘International Student Ambassadorial’ commitment throughout the academic year where possible.
DCU Continuing Student – Masters Programmes
Students studying at DCU at Full Undergraduate Bachelor Programmes wishing to progress onto One Year Taught Masters Programs upon graduation may be eligible for EU fees for their One Year Masters Programs.
Students must be Non-EU students who have to participate in DCU Study Abroad or Exchange students at Undergraduate Level
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.5 or above, with no less than 6.0 in any one skill. DCU Business School additionally requires 6.5 in speaking and writing.
- TOEFL: Total Score of 92. DCU Business School additionally requires all section scores 21 or above.
- Pearson: Overall score of 63 with no less than a score of 59 in any component. DCU Business School additionally requires 63 in speaking and writing.
- Your English language certificate must be awarded within two years of the start date of your DCU programme.
How to Apply: Apply to DCU by December 1 deadline using the DCU undergraduate application form
Apply to DCU by December 31 deadline through the Postgraduate Application on this website – Please note some programmes have earlier deadlines so visit this site for more information on this.
- Bachelor certificate
- Semester transcripts/sheets and grading system
- English language certificate
- Personal statement
- 2 references